Do you think you have Cockroaches?
There are over 3000 different species of cockroach of these around ten are recognised as pests to humans and dwellings. The most common varieties in Australia include the German, American and Oriental cockroaches.
The common signs of cockroach infestation:
- Spotting live insects – cockroaches are generally nocturnal and hide in cracks and harbourages during the day. Most people discover cockroaches at night when interior lights are turned on.
- Egg cases and castoff skins. – egg cases are glued to a surface or dropped just prior to hatching. Cockroaches periodically shed their skins
- Odour – is always a fairly obvious sign especially if an established cockroach infestation is in place.
- Droppings and vomit marks-Droppings are usually black about 1mm wide and vary in length. Droppings and vomit marks are usually discovered around food preparation/storage or damp areas.
- Damage/nesting – cockroaches will attack stored food goods or organic matter and nest in stored goods.
Why should you control cockroaches?
Cockroaches that cohabitate with humans are considered a serious threat and cause in spreading disease and contamination. They are known to carry a variety of diseases such as salmonella, and organisms that cause dysentery, hepatitis and gastroenteritis.
Cockroaches can breed rapidly and have proven to be adaptive and successful. A quick response is essential to prevent cockroaches putting the occupants of your home or workplace at risk.
Correct identification of the Cockroaches at your premises is an important part of implementing an effective eradication and control program for the removal of this pest.
By using TKO Pest Management, you can rest assured that all of our pest control and treatment methods are Safe and most of all, effective.
Cockroach treatment methods
Your safety is our priority we only use products tested and approved for use in the home. Prior to any treatment being carried out, we will provide you with specific advice in regard to preparation and access details.
After an initial inspection of your premises and site our experienced technicians will design and implement a treatment program to achieve the best result possible.
For residential customers, a general pest treatment for cockroaches will involve a complete external spray application to the building footprint, harbourages, soffits and entry points. Internally skirting boards will be treated along with gel bait treatments to cupboards and harbourages. An important area not always included by some is the roof space. Many pests nest or harbour in this concealed area of your home, a dust like product is placed in the roof space for effective, safe management of this area.